Review/Reaction: Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Well, I'm not literally Swifties but I love Taylor Swift quite much that I set my eyes on her new single which is just out a few days ago. It's a controversial one since the very beginning where everyone thinks that the MV and the song itself so suck. I'd like to make video reaction...nah! Then I think, I'm shy enough to appear in the camera, I'm just going to use words in this review lol This is just a short review after all. (And also my #1 song review ouch)

If any of you haven't heard or watch the video, you must watch it now by your own eyes to witness why it's controversial that even some Swifties start to hate her now *sad* "Look What You Made Me Do" For me, it's rare kind of choice Taylor made for naming her song. You know, even not Swifties, you must recognize some of her billboard hits like Back to December, Love Story, Out of the Woods, Red, Fearless, or Bad Blood or maybe some kind of other song names from her. Taylor was often put the title on an element or just the representation of the song's core itself. "Look What You Made Me Do" (which later I referred with LWYMMD) is somewhat persuasive for me and bold enough.


When the song starts to play, there we are, got a view of a graveyard and surprisingly Taylor's zombie that brings back to life like she's going to haunt your life. (**Note: I'm not reviewing about the lyrics here, the explanation from Genius is already in full version of how this song meaning is portrayed in the lyrics) It feels so creepy actually but pumping my curiosity for the chorus. The starting point sounds good that's why my mind is in an instant thinking about how she creates its chorus. We've got some concepts in the MV that clearly meant by Taylor for us to figure out who she is and what kind of treatments and damages she bears from her surroundings. All of the concepts are a masterpiece! I bet Taylor wasn't only given the thoughts of how it should look like, but how it should be re-played in our mind. We all see the old Taylor in pieces completely.
Once it'll definitely so odd when you rethink about how Taylor's figured in your mind, but then it turns to be gold as this is now the Taylor that will gonna rock your mind. There are so many elements put in the video from the background, the outfit, the style, the accessories, or in short, the "stage act". It's damn like you are watching Taylor's life timeline in 4:15 length. Theoretically speaking, LWYMMD has its own merit. It has a powerful story behind the songs in such conceptual MV and well-done beat. Most of all, you know more about her. And I like it very damn much!

ZOMBIE TAYLORRR

I like this! DAMN the snake Taylor





"You said the gun was mine"
She's the perfect badass with this style! (which is freaking resemble...)
Kitty-kitty Taylor <333
Can't you resist her charm?













































This one is probably my fav! It's so me! Make-up on point. She's slaying!









Ah..you know whose concept it is




















Yeah, you are who you are, Taylor Swift! No matter how people start to bark about the revolution of yours, you are mostly welcomed by the people who respect you. Keep slaying. Don't you dare to bow down because of others. Such a queen is worth of respect.



And now...I'm so hyped up with this song TBH that I tried to look up for some covers that might do good to be listed up on my new freshly-baked playlist. Even if there aren't much covers yet, I already got my heart falls for 3 covers.
The first, from Mackenzie Johnson. She prepared well for it in simple kind of room equipped with a guitar and black fedora hat and bright teasing red lips that made me bet she's going to rock this even before she started playing lol Her outfit gives more vibes to the song as you listen it. Her low voice is fascinating and her high voice is incredible. She does great placement, put in her high voice on its place. In addition, her facial expression is the best, I love her cover.
The second is from Madison Bailey! AND...it's with SAM TSUI! Yeah! I love Sam Tsui. It's not an unfamiliar name for sure. Sam Tsui is well-known from his works doing so many freaking great covers with new arrangement or acapella (plus, he's--still-hot lol). From their cover, what's best comes from the melody and rhythm they rearranged. It shows how pro they are technically and in practice. LWYMMD got its own vibe from how Sam Tsui and Madison Bailey rearrange it. And for some parts, I like their version more because of the feelings they give into it which is more heartbreaking.
The last, and this one is my favorite! Hell yeah! I fall hard for Leroy Sanchez because of his cover of LWYMMD. Honestly speaking, I wasn't sure at first about him going to rock the song. He does good guy introduction which is far from LWYMMD's vibe should be. Well, I'm glad I gave it a try. Once I saw his gesture and he starts singing it, from that very part, I start to fall for him omfg He adds so many emotions from just the way he sings it! He doesn't give rearrange as much as Sam Tsui & Madison's cover tho' he rocks it! The best from him? Ummm.. His gesture, his alluring stare duh!, his face /stahp/, his phrasing for the lyrics and also his accent!!

Komentar